If your health drinks of choice are those colorful vitamin waters and sport drinks, you will want to read this and pass it on, especially to anyone concerned about more alkaline foods in their diet. Look at the ingredients in most convenience store sports drinks and vitamin waters, and you will quickly discover that they are far from being healthy drinks.
Next time you are thinking about buying health drinks or alkaline foods, here are things to avoid:
* Phosphoric Acid is exactly what it says it is – acid. This is a definition of phosphoric acid: “A clear colorless liquid used in fertilizers, detergents, pharmaceuticals and food flavoring, irritating to the skin and eyes and moderately toxic if ingested.” When your diet is supposed to be 80% alkaline foods and only 20% acid foods for proper pH balance, this really puts your body out of balance quickly.
* High Fructose Corn Syrup – This is concentrated sugar that contributes weight gain and abnormal blood sugar levels, which may also cause diabetes. Excess sugars are something to shun in health drinks, and you certainly will not find processed sugar in any alkaline foods.
* Artificial Flavors – We call them Excito-toxins! When artificial flavorings are in health drinks, they are more like candy and sodas. These artificial substances are acid forming, which has an effect on pH balance and generate the need for additional alkaline foods in order to neutralize the acid from the toxins in your blood.
* Artificial Sweeteners are just not needed in health drinks today. Due to the toxic nature of artificial sweeteners, dieticians have expressed concern about their negative effects on the human body. Many consumers now realize that artificial sweeteners may play a part in disorders of the brain, such as Alzheimer’s.
* Isolated Vitamins – When isolated, liquefied, heated in processing, and then bottled, vitamins and minerals break down before the body can absorb them. The human body needs vitamins and minerals from whole foods, not from so called health drinks that are really synthetic waters with isolated chemicals from a lab.
When searching for truly beneficial health drinks, here are a few things to keep in mind.
* Is it pasteurized or heated in the bottling process? If so then any enzymes have been destroyed, thus making it harder for the body to use the nutrients for fuel.
* Does it give you chlorophyll from plants to allow the cells more efficient oxygen absorption?
* Does it supply natural antioxidants that combat free radicals? Natural antioxidants are necessary for anti-aging.
* Is it made with whole food ingredients like fruits and herbs or other mineral rich alkaline foods?
Now, take a look at alternative health drinks that are not laced with chemicals or filled with colorful dyes: Here is what you will see in these truly healthy drinks:
* In powder form, not liquefied and bottled
* Packaged at low temperatures
* Contain live enzymes from whole alkaline foods and chlorophyll from plants
* Complex structures of the whole food ingredients are fully intact
* Loaded with natural antioxidants to combat free radicals
Do your health drinks do that? Not if you purchased them at the grocery store or the health food store at the mall.