You probably know that eating more vegetable helps you lose weight. What you may not know is how to get more vegetables into your diet. Here are some tips to sneaking in your veggie servings without a lot of effort.
· Add a can or two of mixed vegetables to casseroles and soups. Usually you won’t have to adjust the recipe to accommodate the extra veggies, and you boost the nutrition of the dish.
· Buy precut vegetables. Most of us are too lazy to cut up veggies. If we don’t want to cut them up, we probably won’t eat them. So, avoid the extra work and buy them precut.
· Keep a fresh vegetable tray, complete with low fat ranch dipping sauce, handy for snacks. Most stores carry veg trays that are personal sized as well as party sized.
· When picking up sandwiches at a deli, make sure to ask for extra lettuce, tomatoes, and any other vegetable you can think of. Fast food places such as Subway offer a wide range of good-for-you choices.
· When ordering pasta at your favorite restaurant, opt for tomato based red sauce instead of white. The chunkier the sauce the more real vegetables it has in it.
· Make sure to eat salad as a side dish at least a couple of nights a week. Prewashed salad fixings from the grocery store can make making a salad a snap.
· Drink a vegetable juice, like V8, with breakfast or for a snack.
· Eat baked vegetable chips, such as Flat Earth. They give you half a serving of vegetables in each serving.
· Eat a baked potatoes instead of bread with dinner. Make sure to eat the skin, though. That’s where most of the nutrition lies.
Of course, you don’t have to implement all of these tips at once. Pick one tip a week and built up your vegetable tolerance little by little. Before you know it, your waist will be getting smaller and you won’t be able to pass a vegetable by.
Ebooks such as the one in this No Nonsense Muscle Building review can help you learn more about how to get healthier and eat better.
The author, Aaron Patterson, went from couch potato to kickboxer in less than a year! His favorite passion is helping people get off their butts and start leading healthier, more active lives through his Website, http://www.eliminatetheweight.com