You already know how important it is to make healthy food choices for you and your family. How can you squeeze the better selections into your crazy hectic life?
Every meal doesn’t have to be fast food on the go! Sometimes it’s difficult to make healthy changes, but with a little planning and know-how, it can be done.
Here are some strategies to help you and your family make healthy choices:
1. Avoid temptation. Walking out of a grocery store with bags of unhealthy foods is easy to do. Unfortunately, our wills are weak, especially if we’ve trained ourselves over the years to buy junk foods.
* Never shop when you’re hungry. This way you won’t pick out unhealthy choices because they look good at the moment.?
* Get rid of the unhealthy foods in your home. You won’t eat them if they aren’t around.
* Think of healthier alternatives to your family’s favorite unhealthy foods. Rather than high calorie chips, try trail mixes or rice cakes. Low calorie puddings or frozen yogurts are better alternatives to higher fat ice creams.
2. Eat fast and healthy meals at home. When you’re tired at the end of the day and you realize you still have to feed the family, it’s easy to go to a fast food chain and throw fast food on the table. It may save some time, but it won’t save your health – or your pocket book!