It is incredibly important that you take the time to get your vitamins. These items are what keep your body in the best possible shape. One of the most important vitamins a person can consume is vitamin D. This vitamin is what keeps the body’s digestion in working order and what helps keep the bones as strong and study as possible. However, you need to be careful that you get the right balance of this nutrient: too much of it can really result in a vitamin D overdose. Overzealous or nervous individuals may think that their vitamin D supplements are doing good things, but they can be incredibly harmful if a person takes too many of them too often. The following are just some of the reasons to monitor your vitamin D intake do that you don’t have to deal with the nasty side effects of a vitamin D overdose.
Calcification Is The Most Common Effects Of Vitamin D Overdose
One of the most common effects of a vitamin D overdose is calcification. When this happens, calcium deposits form on the soft tissue. With time and with enough vitamin D, the deposits harden and can be quite painful. This is because the body can not absorb or handle all of the vitamins you are ingesting. Thus, the excess results in calcification. This vitamin D overdose symptom can occur pretty much anywhere in the body. For example, the deposits could pop up in the breast tissue and could mimic the look and feel of a tumor.
Urinary Stones Can Be Caused Due To Vitamin D Overdose
Because the body can not handle excess vitamin D, an overdose can result in something called urinary stones. These stones are actually hard and sometimes fairly large mineral masses that literally get stuck in the urinary tract. On most occations, these masses orignate in the kidneys and then travel to such areas as the bladder. Urinary stones are nothing to laugh at: they can be incredibly painful. In fact, if you have a serious enough case of them, you may even have to have surgery to have them removed.
Nerve and Muscle Effects Are Also Causes Of Vitamin D Overdose
If you have a vitamin D overdose, you may experience some nerve symptoms. For example, you may have some pain, numbness, and temperature sensitivity as a result of the vitamin D overdose. Some folks even experience reflex issues as the result of this condition. The muscles could also be affected: common effects include tingling, stiffness, and even the loss of muscle control. If these things happen, you should speak to a doctor as soon as possible. You don’t want the muscles and nerves of the body to become irreparably damaged!