This healthy choice cake is the favorite of church picnic and family get-togethers because it changes with every different type of pudding that is used. The bottom layer is made of walnuts but if people are sensitive you can use ground up pretzels for a sweet and salty.
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- cup flour
- cup butter
- 2 pkg instant pudding of your choice
- 2 cups milk
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla (not imitation)
- 3 containers frozen whipped topping thawed (good quality)
- Oven at 350
- 9×12 inch cake pan
- Put butter in the cake pan and while the oven is heating melt the butter.
- When it is melted mix the nuts and flour and bake until a crust forms generally 20 minutes
- Mix the milk and the instant pudding according to package directions and let stand.
- Mix the cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla together until well blended.
- Add one container of the whipped topping to the cream cheese mixture and beat just until well blended.
- Add one container of the thawed topping mix to the firm pudding mix.
- Layer the cream cheese mixture on the cooled cake crust.
- Add the pudding mixture on top.
- Add the last container of whipped topping mix to decorate the top and some nuts.